1984 CHB Sundeck Trawler - 42 ft
Tenacity.....a beautifully appointed 1984 CHB Sundeck Trawler designed by Ed Monk.
The past five years have seen a loving restoration of this Chung Hwa built trawler, making her the perfect coastal getaway ready to step aboard and enjoy with friends and family.
She measures 46' 6" from stem to stern and has the desirable two-cabin two-head layout. Power comes from twin Perkins turbo diesel engines putting out 220 horse power each. Her props were replaced in 2017.
Every below the water line thru-hull fitting was replaced and rewedded in 2017. Maintenance-free marine-grade Marelon thru-hulls with Marelon seacocks along with new hosing say no to electrolysis. In addition, the hull was stripped bare to gelcoat and coated with six coats of InterProtect 2000E epoxy in 2017. New bottom paint was applied again in January 2022.
Brightwork has multiple coats of Epiphanes varnish applied January 2022 making for a bristol appearance. Underwater Macris MIU15 underwater lights in royal blue are installed as well as white/blue spreader lights.
The spacious flybridge is the spot to entertain. New upholstery (2021) creates comfortable seating and sound is delivered inside and out by Jensen JWM9A Bluetooth-equipped all-in-one entertainment system.
Tenacity is a Sundeck CHB 42 design trawler, built of solid fiberglass, semi-displacement hull with a long keel, and of course the obligatory full teak interior typical of most Asian imports of her day. Aside from the traditional interior woodwork and practical two-stateroom dinette layout, the CHB 42 features a large salon separated from the galley with a convenient breakfast bar. A lower station was standard along with a sliding deck access door, and the aft head contains a stall shower.
- Hull: fiberglass cloth/mat/roving, solid laminate
- Bulkheads: Marine ply bonded to hull
- Stringers; Fiberglass u-sections bonded to hull, full length. Molded keel
- Skeg: Molded with hull, hard chine design
- Thru Hulls: Marine grade Marelon with Marelon seacocks, new hosing/ new 2017
- Rudder: Stainless steel spade rudders
- Decks: Fiberglass with core, teak overlay & non-skid fiberglass finish
- Cabin: Built-in units within decks & cockpit
The CHB 42 has the obligatory full teak interior typical of most Asian imports of her day. Aside from the traditional interior woodwork and practical two-stateroom dinette layout, the CHB 42 features a large salon separated from the galley with a convenient breakfast bar. A lower station is standard along with a sliding deck access door, and the aft head contains a stall shower.
- Electric Seawolf bow anchor windlass. Rebuilt (2017)
- Bow anchor roller
- 44# Delta, est. 250' 5/16 G4 chain at bow
- 22# Danforth w/suitable chain & line rode at stern
- Swim step dinghy davit
- Mechanical crane for outboard motor
- Dual electric horn
- Restored Bomar hatches with Lexan lenses
- Dock lines
- Stand-up board racks
- Aft swim platform
- Kuuma stainless steel bbq (new 2021)
- Flybridge bimini
- Ladder from aft deck to flybridge
- Heavy duty ss mooring cleats
- Aft deck outdoor shower fixture
- (2022) Garmin GPSMAP 942xs Plus /Radar bundle w/Airmar P19 plastic thru-hull transducer for sonar sits on the upper helm along with a backup Garmin GPSmap 541 chart plotter.
- (2) Standard Horizon-GX1400GW Eclipse 25watt fixed mount vhf/gps
- AC system: 30 amp/120 volt starboard side inlet mid ship
- DC system: (3) 4D batteries (engine room)
- (3) 8D batteries
- Alternators: 12 volt DC, est 100-amps on main engines
- Breakers on DC panel
- 100 amp battery charger
- GFCI 110 volt outlets
- Galvanic isolater (2021)
- (4) Portable fire extinguishers
- USCG approved Type II and III flotation devices
- Electric signal horn
- Navigation lights
- (2) Anchors with ground tackle
- Twin Perkins ST6.3544M turbo diesel 220 horse power engines
- (2) 26x23 (4) blade bronze propellers new 2017
- 2" propeller shafts new 2011
- Engine blower
- (4) Steel fuel tanks
- Engine & AC operated hot water system: 11 gallon new 2017
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.