Chandlery Yacht Sales is delighted to be a broker for the MJM Yacht line of fine power yachts. This post features the amazing MJM 35z day cruiser and will provide info on its features, specifications, and independent reviews, as well as several MJM 35z videos.
MJM 35z – Overview
MJM Yachts has quickly become a major player in the power yacht world. This is likely due to the fact that they have their roots as part of the J-Boat family and a build agreement with Boston Boat Works.
The MJM 35z is a versatile 35′ power yacht families can use for both day cruising and overnight trips with comfort, ease and lots of speed. It is ISO B Certified and comes stock with twin 300HP Mercury outboards that will launch this craft to speeds in the 50mph range.
The vessel is well designed with both below and above deck features designed to impress. The manufacturers like to say the below deck area is “quite civilized” and the top deck is open and ready for friends to party.
MJM 35z – Key Features (September 2017)
- Twin Mercury 300 HP Verado Outboards
- Joystick Piloting with Skyhook & Autopilot
- Seakeeper 3 gyrostabilizer option
- Roll-up Strataglass or sliding glass sides
- All-weather comfort + HVAC option
- ISO Certified Category B Offshore
- Flush deck with side boarding doors
- Full-Length Yacht Bimini option
- Optional bowrail and spotlight
- Fully-opening windshields
- Length Overall w / Engines & Bow Roller – 37’ 11”
- Displacement 1/2 load – 13,279 lbs
- Length on Deck (Molded Deck) – 35′ 8″
- Air Height (w/Radar) – 8′ 10′
- Beam Max – 11′ 0″
- Fuel Capacity – 250 gal.
- Beam Waterline – 9′ 3″
- Fresh Water Capacity – 58 gal.
- Draft (Drives Up / Down) – 21″ / 32″
- Top Speed (twin 350hp) – 50+ mph
- Deadrise/Transom – 19.7°
- Range @ 38 mph (twin 350hp) – 350+ mi
- Standard Power Twin 300hp Outboards
- Optional Power – Twin 350hp Outboards
A Few Words From Others About the MJM 35z
Defining Luxury In the Dayboat Market.
Needless to say, with no diesels and Hamilton Jet Drives under the deck, the 35z has tons of storage for all the camping, golf, bicycling, diving, fishing, and watersport equipment imaginable.
On deck the MJM 35z has a familiar feeling to it, sharing many of the design and layout characteristics with the rest of the builder’s models. One of those design cues is a bridge deck and aft cockpit that are on a single level, from the transom all the way to the companionway that leads below decks. The transom has an open feel to it thanks to an island bench with access to the swim platform area on either side of it. Read the full review.