Chandlery Yacht Sales... Your California C-Dory TomCat Dealer
Contact us for more information and pricing.
The TomCat 255… purrfect
We were so happy when C-Dory asked us to represent their line. The TomCat 255 was of keen interest since the boat did no well in the seas off Washington state and on up into Alaska.
The TomCat 255 is a Catamaran style PilotHouse boat. She has a well-earned reputation for handling both smooth and rough water. We especially like that it is powered by twin outboards since they handle kelp better than inboards.
The TomCat 255 is a great choice for a family that loves fishing, trips to the islands, diving or just taking a coastal cruise.
Whether you love to fish, dive, or cruise with friends and family, the TomCat from C-Dory will please you.
The TomCat 255 is a 25′ Catamaran style boat with a great pilothouse. Comfort, stability, speed all merge to give you a versatile watercraft that can take you to the islands as easily as a sunset cruise.
Let’s take a looks at some of the features:
- Fuel-efficient and designed for twin outboards.
- Widely spaced engines provide excellent maneuverability.
- It tracks straight at all speeds and runs flat and dry.
- Diamond Sea Glaze windows and doors like you find on the ocean going yachts.
- Over 45 Square feet of cockpit space as well as fore and aft deck areas
The TomCat 255: Engineering & More
Northwest Marine, the parent company behind C-Dory and the TomCat, have been building rugged boats for many decades. Time has taught them what’s important and what is not. It shows with the many engineering and safety features built into every TomCat 255.
- All color accents and top deck non-skid patterns are molded-in.
- All deck hardware is stainless steel and top deck is ¾” thick
- Deck hardware includes 5 through-bolted SS cleats.
- Electric windshield wipers with pantographic arms
- Easily transported via trailer
- Classic C-Dory design allows it to dock or beach virtually anywhere
- Automatic/Manual Bilge Pump
- Certification/Standard Compliance ABYC, USCG, CE
At about 18 knots, however, the TomCat’s tunnel section rises and begins to ride on a cushion of air, and the twin hulls get up and over the chop. The faster it goes, the greater the cushion, and as long as the angle of attack is not head-on, the boat performs beautifully. After 25 years of cruising together, Stacey says she has never seen me more relaxed.
I have a Tomcat and spend many days a year between 25 and 75 miles offshore. The Tomcat is a great boat for offshore trips but like any boat, there are conditions that I would avoid. We regularly fish in wind-driven waves of 2-3 feet and swells up to 6′. Wind waves less than 2-3 feet and you don’t need to slow down much.
Weight 5,400 lbs
Cockpit 4’6″ long x 5’9″ wide
Fuel Capacity 150 gals
Water Capacity 30 gals
Power Outboard up to 350 HP
Material Fiberglass composite
Tow Weight 9,500 lbs (Boat, Motors, Trailer, & Fuel)